Certified Executive Specialist Coach, Professional Scrum Product Owner II, Scrum Master and Business Analyst. 14-year career in the software industry as a product manager, software team lead, UX designer, and educational content creator. Managed a design system for a multinational company. Increased team output and stakeholder engagement by 100% in 5 months through Scrum.
I train, mentor, coach and consult individuals, teams and organizations that build, operate or maintain digital products as part of their business to become well-rounded and knowledgeable on these power skills, resulting in highly performant, resilient, better versions of themselves.
Career & Experience
Partnering with clients to become the best version of themselves through training, mentoring and ethical coaching. Specializing in knowledge teams or businesses who ideate, build, maintain and/or operate digital products who seek to serve their customers more effectively and more efficiently.
EDIT — Disruptive Digital Education
Trained a class of 10 people in product management in an iterative and incremental environment. Adopted an active style of training where students explore their own ideas, develop them in the context of the curriculum, and ask meaningful, practical questions.
Devoteam Creative Tech
Leading product teams to serve their clients’ customers. Managing customers and stakeholders, outcome-based roadmaps and product backlogs, eliciting requirements from subject matter experts and customers through discovery and experimentation, implementing Scrum, and ensuring a product vision with all parties is shared.
Observed a remote Scrum team’s practices and interactions around agile principles and values, and their implementation of Scrum, on a high risk financial product. Performed a diagnosis of their current position. Provided a transformation plan that would include both the team and the organization towards higher quality of change response, more efficiency and better response to risk.
- Managed a project for an internal design system. Planned, executed and monitored several aspects of that activity: stakeholders, schedule, delivery, scope, procurement, communications. Implemented the design system’s technical libraries. Proposed and implemented Scrum in the team, which increased team throughput and stakeholder involvement by 100%.
- Led a team of 5, participated in the product development committee, designed and implemented a full platform rework of GoodGuide.com. Improved application performance by 70%.
- Led a team of 5 and implemented a distributed business intelligence web application for the company.
- Founded «Project: BOLD University», an effort to bridge the gap between academia and industry.
- Engaged in meaningful conversations with top universities in Portugal, so as to create opportunities for synergies between them and the company, with special attention to students and their expectations towards the workplace.
- Ran seminars in some of these universities regarding miscellaneous topics of software development, interpersonal and communication skills, and personal development.
- Trained fellow colleagues in specific topics of software development.
- Designed websites and applications for various projects in the public healthcare and retail sectors.
- Developed applications for clients in the retail industry.
- Redesigned and implemented the frontend of Weebiz.com.
Education & Training
Most of my education and skill set has been attained from autonomous learning, experimentation and professional experience.
Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto
Center for Coaching Certification
- Certified Executive Specialist Coach, 2023
- Certified Master Coach, 2023
- Certified Professional Coach, 2022
- Professional Scrum Product Owner II, 2022
- Professional Scrum Product Owner, 2020
- Professional Scrum Master, 2020
Twofold — Design Studio & Formação Unipessoal
- Certified trainer by IEFP, I.P., #F668590/2018
Interaction Design Foundation
- User Experience: The Beginner’s Guide, 2019
- Design Thinking: The Beginner’s Guide, 2019
- Become a UX Designer from Scratch, 2019
- RubyConf Portugal
- Ruby Norte
- Barcamp PT
- User experience
- Application design
- Product development and management
- Project management
- Training and education
- Office productivity tools
- Remote technical team setup
José has been a key member of our team at Envato Tuts+ for several years. In the time that I’ve worked with him I’ve come to rely greatly on his comprehensive knowledge of the Ruby language and the Ruby on Rails framework. José leads our coverage of the Ruby ecosystem, using his judgment and connections to the community to plan and produce relevant, cutting-edge content.
It has been a pleasure to work with José. I’ve found him to be diligent, conscientious, and reliable. His own competence has made my job much easier. His skill as a Ruby developer, moreover, continues to amaze me.
— Adam Brown, Content Producer at Tuts+
José is the colleague every company dreams of: very professional, high values of quality and excellence. Dedicated and entrepreneurial, he always seeks the best opportunities, readily showing initiative and value propositions that elevate his company’s status. José is not only a strong recommendation of mine, I consider him to be a “must have” to any innovative, daring company.
— Elsa Soares, Human Resources Specialist, former colleague
The course was very efficient in presenting agile methods and how product development is done. Everything that was presented in class can be applied in the day to day work. The highlight for me was the exercises; hands-on learning is always very positive. 5/5
— Vanessa Campoy, Student in the “Product management in agile environments” course
Well, I had the pleasure to know a lot of people with different visions and approach, José was really amazing, he put us thinking and doing with our hands and brain! 4.5/5
— Pedro Sousa, Student in the “Product management in agile environments” course