My resumé / CV
Professional Scrum Product Owner II, Scrum Master and Business
Analyst. 14-year career in the software industry as a product manager,
software team lead, UX designer, and educational content creator. Managed a
design system for a multinational company. Increased team output and
stakeholder engagement by 100% in 5 months through Scrum.
My mission is to help build digital products serve customers while benefitting
the business through outcome-based product management and discovery, and agile
Career & Experience
Devoteam Creative Tech
Leading product teams to serve their clients’ customers. Managing customers and
stakeholders, outcome-based roadmaps and product backlogs, eliciting
requirements from subject matter experts and customers through discovery and
experimentation, implementing Scrum, and ensuring a product vision with all
parties is shared.
Observed a remote Scrum team’s practices and interactions around agile
principles and values, and their implementation of Scrum, on a high risk
financial product. Performed a diagnosis of their current position. Provided a
transformation plan that would include both the team and the organization
towards higher quality of change response, more efficiency and better response
- Managed a project for an internal design system. Planned, executed and
monitored several aspects of that activity: stakeholders, schedule, delivery,
scope, procurement, communications. Implemented the design system’s technical
libraries. Proposed and implemented Scrum in the team, which increased team
throughput and stakeholder involvement by 100%.
- Led a team of 5, participated in the product development committee, designed
and implemented a full platform rework of GoodGuide.com. Improved application
performance by 70%.
- Led a team of 5 and implemented a distributed business intelligence web
application for the company.
- Founded «Project: BOLD University», an effort to bridge the gap between
academia and industry.
- Engaged in meaningful conversations with top universities in Portugal, so as
to create opportunities for synergies between them and the company, with
special attention to students and their expectations towards the workplace.
- Ran seminars in some of these universities regarding miscellaneous topics of
software development, interpersonal and communication skills, and personal
- Trained fellow colleagues in specific topics of software development.
- Produced, recorded and edited 50+ video educational courses over 100+ hours,
of difficulty, from various study perspectives. Exploring libraries through
examples and practical applications were the keystone of my approach.
- Designed websites and applications for various projects in the public
healthcare and retail sectors.
- Developed applications for clients in the retail industry.
- Redesigned and implemented the frontend of Weebiz.com.
Education & Training
Most of my education and skill set has been attained from autonomous learning,
experimentation and professional experience.
Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto
Twofold — Design Studio & Formação Unipessoal
- Certified trainer by IEFP, I.P., #F668590/2018
Interaction Design Foundation
- User Experience: The Beginner’s Guide, 2019
- Design Thinking: The Beginner’s Guide, 2019
- Become a UX Designer from Scratch, 2019
- RubyConf Portugal
- Ruby Norte
- Barcamp PT
- User experience
- Application design
- Product development and management
- Project management
- Training and education
- Office productivity tools
- Remote technical team setup
José has been a key member of our team at Envato Tuts+ for several years. In
the time that I’ve worked with him I’ve come to rely greatly on his
comprehensive knowledge of the Ruby language and the Ruby on Rails
framework. José leads our coverage of the Ruby ecosystem, using his judgment
and connections to the community to plan and produce relevant, cutting-edge
It has been a pleasure to work with José. I’ve found him to be diligent,
conscientious, and reliable. His own competence has made my job much
easier. His skill as a Ruby developer, moreover, continues to amaze me.
— Adam Brown, Content Producer at Tuts+
José is the colleague every company dreams of: very professional, high values
of quality and excellence. Dedicated and entrepreneurial, he always seeks the
best opportunities, readily showing initiative and value propositions that
elevate his company’s status. José is not only a strong recommendation of
mine, I consider him to be a “must have” to any innovative, daring company.
— Elsa Soares, Human Resources Specialist, former colleague